[Orcnet] Consulting sales cycle

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Tue Apr 22 15:21:56 UTC 2008

I do all my work on a first-come, first-served basis, and I let my
customers know.  Most of my work is part-time consultations instead of
full-time contracting, so it's easier to start new customers out on the
back burner and bring them forward as I finish up for other ones.  Telling
a customer "sorry, you were a day late" would be hard -- but easier than
telling my family that there's no work on the horizon.