[Orcnet] Windows XP Service Pack 3

Randy Ainslie randya at keyosk.com
Thu Aug 21 05:48:07 UTC 2008

Steve,

            Here is my 2 cents.  I have done about 10 upgrades and found the
following problems on various computers.

All went well except:

1 PC had an incomplete SP2 update on an XML package and SP3 did not fix that
and left a hole in the upgrade.  This consistently says there is a problem
that needs an upgrade but cannot fill the request.

1 PC had a complete SP3 update, (just today), where I had to do a complete
reinstallation of the XPPro.  One program (AVG antivirus) would not install
under SP3 where it did under SP2.  I am not sure why, but and upgrade of AVG
fixed the problem.

All others are seemingly ok.

Randy