[Orcnet] Do you know anything about small business grants

Lynn Saunders j.l.saunders at ieee.org
Mon Dec 15 01:26:04 UTC 2008

Keep in mind that the SBIR process typically works like this.

1.    Provider of services to government agencies posting SBIR grants
develops a relationship with the government agency or individual who is
interested in a particular area the provider can contribute to. This happens
BEFORE the SBIR proposal is published.

2.    The agency person writes a solicitation tailored to the provider
she(he) has been working with.

3.    The solicitation is published.

4.    A smattering of folks respond, but the agency person has already
mostly made up his(her) mind.

5.    A few weeks after the deadline everyone gets a 3x5 postcard saying
thanks but no thanks except for the person that worked with the agency guy
beforehand.

I have worked on SBIR's for the NIH. They are good if you can get them, but
the effort to get in the door is significant.

Lynn Saunders

Do you know anything about small business grants?

I was contacted recently about receiving a grant to expand my business.

Any insite would help.

Terry Lang

Orcnet at eeconsult.org

--