[Orcnet] TSSOP clips?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Feb 13 07:54:23 UTC 2009

I want to clip onto a 14 pin TSSOP package (0.025in or 0.635mm
lead spacing, 0.170 package body width).  I actually need to get
at 3 pins on each side on one end.  While there are Pomona clips
for $10 for SO packages (0.05in), there do not seem to be any
affordable ones for TSSOP.  I was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions?

BTW, some laptops use connectors from flex cable to board that
have small plugs that resemble TSSOP package sizes and spacings.
Perhaps I can modify one of those, but I don't know what those
connectors are called.  Suggestions?

Keith