[Orcnet] VASI lights for garage lineup?

Brian Conley hiker26 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 12 13:34:25 UTC 2010

There are things available that are quite a bit simpler than what you propose.
Simplest is a simple ball that hangs from the ceiling of the garage.
The idea is that you bump the ball against the wind shield to tell
you are in far enough.
I have bought those and made my own.
In my case I line up the center brake light with the line and that gets me
pretty close.
I am also working on another version of that.
Pat has been after me to bring a prototype to meetings, so if you
remind me I will bring it to the meeting this month.
Or, if the boards come in before the meeting I will bring the latest
prototype.

A simple modification would be a light on the back wall with a screen
in front of it.
The screen has a slit or other aperture so that
the light can only be seen when you are properly aligned.

Again, mostly a cost issue.