[Orcnet] Off topic - Free chair mat, T12 fluorescent lights, production shelving, ...

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jun 26 18:49:28 UTC 2010

Mostly moved into the new place.  Among the things I no longer need,
free to a good home, you haul:

1) Plastic chair mat, separates carpet from desk chair casters.
Hardwood or concrete floors in the new place, not needed.

2) A few T12 magnetic ballast fluorescent light fixtures.  I've
installed new T8 electronic ballast fixtures where I need them.
I've also got some older electronic ballasts, which can be used
to turn the T12s into T8 pin compatable fixtures, if someone
wants to do some kludging.

3) We have a large 4 foot by 4 foot metal rack-and-roller shelving
system, temporarily holding stuff until more permanent shelves go
up in the garage.  The shelves roll out and are suitable for holding
larger products in an electronic production shop.  We hope to have it
cleared of our stuff in a week or two.

4) Other electronic miscellany.   As we unpack, the phrase "why the
heck did we move /that/?" is uttered frequently.  For example, I have
about 100 IEC power cords, pulled out of 15 different boxes, perhaps
80 more than I will need for the rest of my life.  Lots of other
components in 200+ year quantities.

Perhaps I ought to schedule a components swap meet in our huge back
yard, sometime this summer, so we can swap our surpluses and round
out our collections of obsolete parts.  Got MECL?

----

BTW, I am looking for open topped plastic storage bins, in various
widths,  3 to 6 inches high and two feet deep.  If anyone has spares,
I am interested.

Keith