[Orcnet] 165C -- anybody got _really_ high temp circuit experience?

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Oct 22 16:48:30 UTC 2010

I've got a prospect who wants some work done, combining software,
hardware, and signal processing.  The business end of this is going to
be down in an oil well, where things are hot.  It needs to work at 150C,
and he likes to test things at 165C.  Furthermore it's attached to a
drilling head, so it's a high vibration/shock environment.  There are a
lot of kinks and quirks to this (not least of which is using off the
shelf components well beyond their maximum ratings).

I'm figuring that I'll be doing the signal processing and possibly the
firmware.  But I don't think the customer is going to be eager to pay me
to learn how to do the high-temp circuit design.  So if you have similar
high temperature circuits experience, or if you know someone who has,
let me know or point them to me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Tim Wescott