[Orcnet-announce] ORCNET Meeting Notice - Thursday, Mar 26, 2009, IHOP

Patrick H. Barrett pat_filtered at barrettengineering.com
Thu Mar 5 21:18:08 UTC 2009

BlankGreetings -

The Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network (ORCNET) meets regularly on the fourth Thursday of each month.

Details of our next meeting are below.

MARCH ORCNET MEETING

WHAT - A PRESENTATION
Mr. Eric Feign, ATMEL Field Application Engineer (FAE), will present Atmel's new AVR XMEGA™ family of microcontrollers.
Many 8/16-bit microcontrollers no longer meet today’s performance, cost, size, or power requirements. ATMEL's new AVR XMEGA™ family of microcontrollers are designed to meet all of these requirements in the best possible way.

Surf to www.atmel.com for more information about Atmel's AVR XMEGA™ family of microcontrollers

Given Eric's background, we anticipate an interesting, informative discussion!

WHO - OUR PRESENTER
Eric Feign is a Field Application Engineer for Atmel Corporation (http://www.atmel.com). Eric earned his B.S. in Electrical & Computer Engineering from U.C. Santa Barbara in 1982, then worked as a designer at Tektronix, Inc. for 15 years. He specialized in ASICs, Programmable Logic, Microcontroller and Digital Signal Processing designs for Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Television Test, and Grass Valley Digital Video Transmission products. Eric has now been with Atmel for 11 years, specializing in 8 & 32-bit microcontrollers for consumer, industrial, and medical applications.

WHEN
Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:00 PM to chat & eat, meeting begins at 7:00 PM (approx.).

WHERE
The ORCNET meets at the Beaverton International House of Pancakes (IHOP), located at the intersection of SW 158th & Walker Rd, across Walker Rd. from Fred Meyers.

IHOP, 15935 SW Regatta Lane, 503-614-8485.
Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?email=1&mapdat.

The IHOP's seating capacity is approximately 35 folks, so come early! Just ask for the Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network meeting, or the ORCNET meeting. (John is expecting us.)

REMINDER!
Although our meetings are free and open to the public, membership has its advantages. Members (or prospective members) should bring a check for $50 for annual dues to this meeting.

AGENDA
6:00 PM - (or thereabouts) Eat (optional) and chat.
6:45 PM - Show and Tell (if anyone brings toys!)
7:00 PM - Call to Order - meeting begins.
             - Officer Reports
             - Old Business
                - Ms. Susan Federici's brief on "Invention Marketplaces"
             - New Business
                - Paving the Way to Payday
7:30 PM - Eric Feign's presentation
9:00 PM - (approx) - Adjourn

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THE ORCNET's REGULAR MEETING SCHEDULE
The Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network (ORCNET) meets regularly on the fourth Thursday of each month, except for a combined November/December meeting on the first Thursday of December.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SHOW AND TELL THE ORCNET
Our "Show and Tell" sessions happen before and after most meetings, so bring your gadgets! Your latest circuits! LINUX tools! Your creations! If something interests you technically, then others in our group will be interested, too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
ORCNET MEMBERSHIP:
If you've been attending our group, please consider becoming a member ($50 annually). Cheap!
To learn more, surf to http://www.eeconsult.org/membership.html, or contact any ORCNET Officer (listed below).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SURF THE ORCNET WEBSITE!
Are you seeking a technical expert or consultant? Thinking of becoming one? Considering joining our group? Surf to www.eeconsult.org.

Just want more information about the IEEE's presence in Oregon? Surf to http://www.ieee-oregon.org, and be sure to visit the Oregon IEEE events calendar at http://www.ieee-oregon.org/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=56

Note - The ORCNET is an IEEE "Affinity Group", similar in many ways to an IEEE Chapter. The Oregon IEEE recently revised its website, and the link from its site to ours is not yet restored. We are working to get this corrected.

We offer three lists:
    - one for members-only,
    - another for a general public discussion forum, and
    - a third for our (infrequent) public announcements such as this one.

Both public lists allow recipients to opt in or out, at their own discretion.

2008 OFFICER CONTACT INFORMATION
Chairman - Pat Barrett, pbarrett at ieee.org
Secretary - H. Joe Tabor, harryjoe at teleport.com
Webmaster - Keith Lofstrom, keithl at ieee.org
Treasurer - Brian Conley, bconley at ieee.org
Program Coordinator - Henri Joyaux, HBJoyaux at ieee.com

end of meeting announcement - See you There!