[Orcnet-announce] ORCNET Meeting Notice, Thursday August 27, 2009, Wallace Park

Patrick H. Barrett pat_filtered at barrettengineering.com
Fri Aug 21 21:46:33 UTC 2009

BlankGreetings -

The Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network (ORCNET) meets regularly on the fourth Thursday of each month.

AUGUST ORCNET MEETING

The ORCNET will NOT meet at the IHOP this month!
Instead, we will meet at the Oregon SAE BBQ, discussed below.
Come and join us! Bring your families!

Note: If you are coming, be sure to RSVP to Andre, as explained below.

Oregon Engineering Societies Summer Social BBQ & Frisbee Olympics

WHO
ASME, ASCE, IEEE, SWE, STLE, and many others are invited.

WHEN
The BBQ is on Thursday, August 27, 2009, starting at 6:00 PM.

WHERE
The BBQ will be held at Wallace Park, 2550 NW Raleigh St, Portland, OR 97210
(Between NW 25th and NW 26th on NW Raleigh St.)

Mapquest
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Portland&state=OR&address=%5B2512-2599%5D+NW+Raleigh+St&zipcode=97210&cat=Wallace+Park&country=US&latitude=45.5339&longitude=-122.70385&geocode=STREET

COST
The barbeque is $7 for Society Members & Non-members alike, and FREE for students!

RSVP
Andre Susanto, andreosae at gmail.com or call 503-406-8581 by August 26.

AGENDA
6:00 PM - Meet others in our community.
Eat.
Play Frisbee.
Have fun!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THE ORCNET's REGULAR MEETING SCHEDULE
The Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network (ORCNET) meets regularly on the fourth Thursday of each month, except for a combined November/December meeting on the first Thursday of December.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SHOW AND TELL THE ORCNET
Our "Show and Tell" sessions happen before and after most meetings, so bring your gadgets! Your latest circuits! LINUX tools! Your creations! If something interests you technically, then others in our group will be interested, too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
ORCNET MEMBERSHIP:
If you've been attending our group, please consider becoming a member ($50 annually). Cheap!
To learn more, surf to http://www.eeconsult.org/membership.html, or contact any ORCNET Officer (listed below).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SURF THE ORCNET WEBSITE!
Are you seeking a technical expert or consultant? Thinking of becoming one? Considering joining our group? Surf to www.eeconsult.org.

Just want more information about the IEEE's presence in Oregon? Surf to http://www.ieee-oregon.org, and be sure to visit the Oregon IEEE events calendar at http://www.ieee-oregon.org/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=56

Note - The ORCNET is an IEEE "Affinity Group", similar in many ways to an IEEE Chapter. The Oregon IEEE recently revised its website, and the link from its site to ours is not yet restored. We are working to get this corrected.

We offer three lists:
    - one for members-only,
    - another for a general public discussion forum, and
    - a third for our (infrequent) public announcements such as this one.

Both public lists allow recipients to opt in or out, at their own discretion.

2008 OFFICER CONTACT INFORMATION
Chairman - Pat Barrett, pbarrett at ieee.org
Secretary - H. Joe Tabor, harryjoe at teleport.com
Webmaster - Keith Lofstrom, keithl at ieee.org
Treasurer - Brian Conley, bconley at ieee.org
Program Coordinator - Henri Joyaux, HBJoyaux at ieee.com

end of meeting announcement - See you There!