[Orcnet] 165C -- anybody got _really_ high temp circuit experience?

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Oct 22 18:10:21 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a warm body, not cold theory.

Current commercial practice is to use parts rated for the temperature
where possible, and otherwise use off the shelf parts that have been
re-specified as necessary to work.  Vacuum tubes are not used, to my
knowledge, nor are super-custom silicon carbide ICs.  Instead, people
buy lots of parts from lots of manufacturers, and test them out at
elevated temperatures to see which ones actually work.